in Our Services
From emergency room treatment to home care, we offer a full spectrum of stroke care:
- Emergency Room Services – Board certified emergency room physicians rapidly evaluate patients.
- Diagnostic Services – A comprehensive approach to the evaluation of cerebrovascular disorders, including MRI, MRA,CT, CTA, Brain perfusion and complete laboratory –i-STAT testing.
- Neurologists – Perform neurological examinations, diagnose and treat nervous system disorders, including diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles.
- Neurosurgeons – Provide diagnosis and treatment, including neurological surgery, and rehabilitation of disorders that affect any portion of the nervous system including the brain, spinal column, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and extra-cranial cerebrovascular system.
- Interventional Neuroradiology – Provides specialized diagnosis and treatment for stroke and neurovascular abnormalities of the brain, head, neck and spine.
- Inpatient Services – A group of specially trained, multi-specialty physicians, nurses and health care professionals provide coordinated stroke care for patients who are hospitalized.
- Rehabilitation – Highly trained rehabilitation specialists assist in a stroke patient’s long term recovery. Providing physical, occupational, speech and aquatic therapy, and a number of other therapies, they develop individualized programs of care tailored to each patient’s needs and abilities following a stroke.
- Home Care – Provides a full spectrum of medical services in the comfort of the patient’s home, geared at teaching patients and families to care for themselves, returning to an independent lifestyle.
- Education – Monthly educational sessions offered to the community emphasize stroke awareness and the reduction of stroke risk.
Palms of Pasadena Hospital has received national recognition for our Stroke Program:
- Primary Stroke Center Certification by DNV Healthcare
- Silver Stroke Recognition, The American Heart Association & The American Stroke Association
Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award, The American Heart
Association & The American Stroke Association
Stroke Screening Evaluations utilized by the American Stroke Association as a resource for
Palms of Pasadena Hospital’s Stroke Program has written guidelines for emergency treatment of stroke patients. This standardizes, streamlines and accelerates the diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients, which is critical in minimizing complications. Through this program and the excellent work of our stoke team we help to ensure continuous quality improvement of acute stroke treatment and ischemic stroke prevention.